October 29, 2008

Where's my baby?

I was scheduled to be induced yesterday but, unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) that didn't happen. At my last OB appointment on Monday we determined a Tuesday induction wasn't the best idea so we're in a holding pattern. I have another appointment today to have "things" checked out. I actually was able to sleep pretty well last night so I'm feeling open to whatever my OB feels will be best for the baby. My true due date isn't until November 4th so I shouldn't be in a rush. But, we've had my induction scheduled for October 28th for so long that my mind has been fixed on that point. So, it's a bit disappointing to have that date come and go without baby. Honestly, as dumb as this is, one of my big fears is having a baby on Friday. There's just something about a Halloween baby that doesn't thrill me as I consider the years to come.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I'm sorry Angela...it just not fun to go over. And even though your due date isn't for another week...you can still think of it as over because you were scheduled for yesterday. Hang in there! If it's a Halloween baby...birthday parties in years to come will be a snap!!!

Beth said...

I thought you were having your baby when I didn't see Katie at preschool. Hope everything goes well and you can get some last minute things done without a newborn. ps. where does your brother live? that is a awesome story!

Janessa Couch said...

Hopefully it will be soon. My birthday is a couple of days from Christmas and I actually love it, so if you have a Halloween baby, that would be fun and hey, you will never forget it. Hang in there.

Chris and Heather said...

If Friday is the day then it will either be a "Trick" or a "Treat" depending how you look at it. I agree with Leslie that the parties would be a snap. But for now- keep waddling on...

Tonya said...

Hang in there girl. She'll be here soon and then you can love her up and not have to drive 40 minutes to get nylons for church.