October 18, 2008

Annual Pumpkin Patch Visit

We went to the pumpkin patch recently with Katie's preschool class. Kids love this particular pumpkin patch because they get to ride a mini-train out to the pumpkin field and a boat back. We really lucked out having perfect weather the entire time we were hunting for the perfect pumpkin, then just as we arrived back at the little store and petting zoo it started pouring - and I mean pouring. This is Oregon, so I guess it's to be expected. Thank heaven for mud boots and plastic bags to put them in before getting in the van.

The picture below was taken just as the train came back around - there was absolutley no chance of keeping their attention focused on me.


Madison loved the small petting zoo. Especially the kittens and bunnies.



2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the picture with all the kids looking away...it's absolutely beautiful! What a great place to find a pumpkin!

Rachel said...

These pictures turned out great! IT's funny to look at some of these sunny pictures and remember the torrentual downpour that quickly followed it.