Katie has been begging for a pet for months. What can I say, Byron and I are simply not pet people. Well, that's not completely true. We aren't indoor pet people. Beside, living in an Oregon subdivision with small backyards and lots of rain is not an ideal place for an outdoor animal. So we keep telling Katie that once we move into our next home (with more land) we will look into getting a pet.
The other night I took Katie to the elementary school Fall Festival near our home. The first game she played was "Go Fish." Little did I realize that's exactly what the game was - winning goldfish. So, here we are now with a pet, Nemo. Luckily it's a win-win-win-win. Katie has a pet. Nemo can live indoors, avoiding the rain unconcerned about the size of our backyard. I don't have to worry about finding pet hair on our floors, furniture, or clothing. And Byron is sure the lifespan of a goldfish is short. Perfect - everyone is happy.

3 comments:
I was asked to do a personal spotlight about myself in Primary when we were first called. One of the kids asked me what my favorite pet was. I responded..."Goldfish". I think they really are the best pets of all! :)
Oh you two neat freaks! Sure, win-win-win until the life of the gold fish spans. Then you'll have to explain why you sent him on his eternal journey by flushing him. Which could be explained by the very movie where he wants to be flushed to find his dad. Until then, enjoy Nemo!
Angela I love your blog! Your girls are so adorable! I'll tell you, I wouldn't trade my two girls for anything. Plus there is the added bonus of being able to dress them in matching clothes!
We had goldfish for a while. They were the perfect pet - until I had to clean out their tank. Oh well.
Post a Comment