December 29, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a Green New Year's

We have had a lot of snow fall around here recently. In fact, this has been the most snow Portland has seen in 40 years. I was really grateful to have such a beautiful white Christmas and we took advantage of all the fun outside. The girls LOVED it. However, I'm ready for it all to melt away and for life to get back to normal. Since Portland rarely gets this much snow they don't have many plows or sand/salt dumping trucks so people simply hibernate until it melts away. We tried to find chains for our van without any luck - all of the stores sold out of their entire stock in one day. So, cabin fever has started to settle in somewhat. The roads are fairly clear now so I'm taking the kids and venturing out tomorrow.
We think we ended up getting about 1 1/2 feet - you can see the depth of snow on this little deck in our backyard.
There were no sleds to be found at any store so Byron tied a rope to one of our recycling bins and took the girls out for a spin.

What little time McKay spent outdoors he slept all bundled up in the front pack.

9 comments:

Tonya said...

I'm with you. The snow was a blast and was beautiful but I'm glad it's almost all gone now.

P.S. I'm working on the question you emailed me so I haven't forgotten you ;o)

Danelle Grossnickle said...

I think we are all ready for this stuff to be gone! If it happened this early in the Winter I wonder if we will get more in March like we did this year?HOPE NOT! Cute pictures of your family! You must have eventually gotten sleds in the pictures farther down eh? Have a happy new year!

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Looks so fun! We had some good snow here in ID too. I love that inventive sled - a recycling bin - what a good idea!

Cali said...

Angela! How fun to be able to see your blog--thank you so much for letting us know you have one. We really miss you guys, a lot. Nate and I both feel so blessed to know your family. I wish we come to OR and see you!

I can't believe how big Katie and Madi are--and how fun to see McKay! You have a beautiful family. We look forward to keeping in touch.

Janessa Couch said...

I love the new look to your blog. Your pictures are absolutely adorable.

Shawni said...

Hew Angela...just dropping in to say hi and that your card and these pictures are making me miss you! How did time fly from Romania all those years ago? I wish we lived closer so we could get all our kids together and tell them great mission stories of all our adventures. SOme day we'll have to have a little reunion.

Athack77 said...

Yea you guys had a little boy! I came across your blog from Tonya's blog and wanted to see how your little family is doing. We currently have a foot and a half of snow on the ground with more coming. They NEVER cancel school here! Tell Byron we said hi!
Amy Thackeray

Chris and Heather said...

Ick! That cold white stuff. That's why we live where we do. When I want to be in it, I pay some money and strap sticks to my feet, but then I leave it all there as I go back where it can't follow. :) Looks like everyone had some fun though. It also appears you have adjusted to having 3 pretty well. (Aren't you glad you control what posts on the blog and that your day-to-day isn't automatically viewable).

Christa said...

Angela it so fun to catch up on your life too! You have such adorable kids and looks like life is treating you well!