December 24, 2008

Did the Monkey Mail Come?

(Those of you whose kids enjoy Playhouse Disney can appreciate my post title.)

I finally sent off my Christmas cards on Monday after waiting patiently for my pictures to be printed and then patiently for my envelopes to arrive, and then patiently for the weather to clear up enough to make it to the post office. Those of you who don't receive a mailed version hopefully received an email version recently - if not, let me know and I'll send one.

As we all know, there is a hierarchy determining who receives mailed versus emailed Christmas cards. For example, mission companions rank higher than other mission friends so they receive a printed card. Friends who live far away rank higher than those close by (Friends who live near don't need a picture on their fridge to know how we've grown. However, if obtaining a mailing address for a far away friend is difficult then they would slip in their standing and receive an emailed card). Close cousins rank higher than old roommates (but if you are a close cousin AND an old roommate you're set to get a mailed card forever). You get the idea. The point is, I finished and they are mailed - HOORAY!!

I have been enjoying reading the Christmas letters I've received from many of you. Please, if you didn't mail us a Christmas letter I'd LOVE an emailed one - I promise to not be offended that I didn't rank high enough to make the mailing list.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Hope I'm "set to get a mailed card forever." Does it help I'm married to your former hometeacher? :)

Danelle Grossnickle said...

That was a cute post! I love the Santa picture:) I haven't even attempted to mail anything yet:(

Anonymous said...

You actually rank high enough for a christmas goody plate. But I haven't made it to Banks yet....But noone ever stated it had to be "before Christmas EH!!
So see ya tomorrow!

Shawni said...

I'm SO glad i was a companion so I got a real card. Ha ha. I love it!