December 29, 2008

Primary Pajama Party

Our Church children's organization announced yesterday that they will be hosting a breakfast pajama party for all of the kids. It will be an opportunity for the kids to get to know their new teachers for 2009.

When I picked Katie up from her primary class yesterday she was so excited to tell me all about the upcoming party and how all of the kids get to wear their pajamas. I reminded her that she hates wearing pajamas to bed choosing instead to sleep in just her underware. Suddenly she wasn't so excited.

Don't worry, I wasn't that mean. I only let her fret about it for half of the drive home before I explained that she isn't required to wear exactly what she wears to bed to the party. I guess we'll get more use out of her new Christmas pjs than previously thought.

4 comments:

Beth said...

good parenting moment!

Lyon Pride said...

How funny!

Emily said...

You are wicked! Reminds me of something I'd do myself.

Danelle Grossnickle said...

What a cute natural consequence to not wearing your pj's to bed...I probably would have done the whole thing..Kidding. You are a good mom! She won't forget that small moment of panic!