For the past few weeks Katie has been taking swimming lessons. Two weeks of group lessons and then, one week of private lessons. (For the record, I'd say her private lessons were worth 3 times what I paid for the group, and that was just a small group of 3 little girls.) Katie was extremely hesitant when she first started, sometimes she even begged me to not take her to the pool. Then after her first private lesson she suddenly became so excited to go. She loves swimming now and was extremely upset when her lessons ended. We're really proud of her and how far she's come in just a few short weeks.

This video begins with a short clip from when Katie first started lessons - if you watch the first few seconds carefully you'll hear her teacher trying to coax her into putting her face in the water, she complies but with the quickest little face dip I've ever seen. The rest of the footage was taken more toward the end of her lesson sessions.
4 comments:
We took Luke for swimming lessons, but he didn't take to them at all. Maybe private lessons are the way to go. Cute girl!
Angela...this is a delightful blog. Why didn't I know this existed? Congrats to Katie on doing such a splendid job of learning to swim. I am with you on the private lessons. Your family is gorgeous! Congrats on your pregnancy! You all must be amazing photographers...the pictures are incredible!
could that really be my sweet little Sister Flake?? I looked at yoru blog before when you commented on mine but I can't remember if I got my super slow internet going enough to post a comment. Anyway, I'm SO excited to see what you guys are up to! What sweet little girls. The Kiddie Kandids picture was totally all worth the pain because it's so fun to see their cute little faces, smiles or not. Man, how does time fly so darn fast!? It seems like yesterday (kind of) when we were traipsing around eating baked beans out of the can so we could work so hard without taking breaks in our old stomping grounds. Man you sure made life fun over there!!! MIss you! I'll be checking in to see what you're up to! Give those cute little girls big hugs from their Aunt Sora Eyre...ha ha.
Hey girl, I didn't know you had a blog until I ran into it over on Gabe's blog. Hopefully now we can keep in touch a little better.
Post a Comment