July 20, 2008

Camping Out

We returned from our ward (church congregation) camp out yesterday. There was a great turn-out of families and we had a great time. Katie especially enjoyed running around the woods with her friends, Amelia and Renee. Somehow we were able to keep track of her (except for once when Byron had to hike quite a ways and listen for little voices to find them and bring them back to camp. Unfortunately, the sleeping part was quite miserable, it was much colder than we anticipated/prepared for. Madison spent a few hours with me in my sleeping bag and a few with Byron in an attempt to keep her warm. It was a very sporadic night of sleep for all of us.

Katie participated in the Mini Olympics - tug-of-war and 3-legged races. She was amazing at the 3-legged race, we don't have a video of it but on her initial run she and her partner, Renee were in perfect sync and faster than most of the teens and adults.

1 comment:

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

What cute girls! And what the heck? I didn't know you were preggers!! We should have a family website that lists when everyone is due. I'm glad you sent that email about your blog and that it got forwarded to me because your blog is so great! If you have some time, check ours out http://heatheraustinandstanley.blogspot.com I also have the links to all my siblings on there if you're interested and some of our other cousins. I wonder how many I am missing? Blogs are such an easy way to keep in touch, I wish I had everyone's. Anyway, too long of a comment...I'm out.