April 16, 2009

Hristos a înviat! Adevărat, a înviat!

I really wanted to make bright red Easter eggs this year. It is a Romanian tradition for two people to knock red eggs together. The person whose egg doesn't break is considered luckier. They hold the eggs and the one that knocks first says "Christ has reborn" while the other responds "True he's reborn" (see post title for translation). I found a method for making red eggs online which required me to keep the red dye mixture hot while dying the eggs, so I did it all over the stove. Unfortunately my eggs turned out more pink than red and even more unfortunate is that I can't seem to get my pot completely clean. As you can see in the picture below, my Alfredo sauce is pink!! Not very appetizing is it?

3 comments:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

lol:)

Anonymous said...

I think your girls will think oh yummy..pink pasta!

Cali said...

Did you serve in Romania? What a fun tradition! Did your girls like the pink pasta?