I hate to even think about the amount of money I have spent purchasing toys for my kids. I get so excited for Christmas and birthdays as I anticipate my daughter's reaction to her new toy. I am always certain I have chosen the gift she is going to love for all eternity; her gratitude will be flowing freely in my direction. I envision her playing with it everyday and never forgetting the incredible mother who was so in tune with her child to know the exact gift to give.
Hmm - nope, never happens. Instead my children will leave all those fancy, lights flashing, horn honking, carefully selected via mothers intuition, toys in the dust to play incessantly with the apple box the Costco employee used to pack our groceries. So once again I find myself renewing my commitment to stop buying toys that don't get played with enough to warrant the expense.
That is until I find Fred Meyer with a buy one get one free sale on Fisher Price Little People sets. Who can resist? Seriously, Little People, they're adorable!
Hmm - nope, never happens. Instead my children will leave all those fancy, lights flashing, horn honking, carefully selected via mothers intuition, toys in the dust to play incessantly with the apple box the Costco employee used to pack our groceries. So once again I find myself renewing my commitment to stop buying toys that don't get played with enough to warrant the expense.
That is until I find Fred Meyer with a buy one get one free sale on Fisher Price Little People sets. Who can resist? Seriously, Little People, they're adorable!

6 comments:
A box and paper bag and they are happy for hours! Little people do ROCK!
Hilarious!! I have the same problem! A ton of little people toys that never get touched, but they're so cute. I'm so glad to hear that there are other mom's who suffer from toy shopping addiction. I'm trying to quit.
Your hair looks so gorgeous!
I have to agree about the toys!
I cant wait for the time the presents are just clothes, jewlery, music and money!
Great pictures! Can't believe McKay will be 6 months this month! Little people toys are the BEST! They are the only toys that my kids have continued to play with over all the years.
Sounds like they had a wonderful time! I love the last picture of you and McKay, it is priceless.
My nephew is the cutest kid I've ever seen. Bring him to Utah to visit me.
Post a Comment