November 2, 2008

MCKAY REED GROSSNICKLE

McKay Reed Grossnickle was born on Thursday, October 30 at 10:12 pm. He weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21.5 inches long. Byron and I went to the hospital on Thursday morning and I was on induction medication by 11:00. The little guy still took his time though; arriving 11 hours later (thank heaven for epidurals).

Byron's parents had the girls staying with them while we were in the hospital. Below are pictures of them when they came to the hospital on Friday to meet their new baby brother. They were both so cute with him. Here they are checking him out for the first time.

I love the look on Katie's face in this picture - proud big sister.

Byron's parents took the girls Trick-or-Treating. They started by visiting some of the offices in the hospital. It's a good thing I invested money in a costume for McKay.

15 comments:

Melissa said...

I am happy you all are home and doing well. The pictures are adorable, what a sweet little guy. I can't wait to meet him!

Janessa Couch said...

Congratulations. He is very cute. Horray, you have a boy! That will be so fun for your girls. I am sure that he will be their cute little dress up doll for a couple of years to come. :)

kate n. said...

Congrats! And Hooray it's over! (Or just begun?)
You'll do great.

Beth said...

McKay is so cute! You are going to LOVE having a boy! Congrats!

sarahandmatt said...

congrats, Angela! I'm glad it's over and I'm glad you got a boy! Good for you guys!

Chris and Heather said...

He is beautiful! Great name too. Congratulations to all. Looks like we were on the same wavelength for costumes this year. :)

Lyon Pride said...

Congratulations! The pictures are super cute. Newborns have a way of melting hearts!

Daniel and Tiffany Dunn said...

Congrats!! he's SO cute!

Shanda said...

What a little cutie! Looks like a perfect addition to your family. I'm also very impressed you were up to blogging again so soon. Congratulations!!

Leslie said...

Aw...he's so beautiful! Congratulations to you all! Oh how I miss those early days with my baby boy. Enjoy!!!

Tonya said...

Congratulations Angela. He's a doll and you look just fabulous. Little boys are the best!!

David and JaLayne said...

Yeah! I'm so happy you got a cute little boy and everything seemed to have gone so well. you look great! It is fun Emily, me and you all had boys within a week of each other! Congratulations. Thanks so much for the baby gift you sent and the book. THat was sure thoughtful. Lets talk soon. Enjoy the sleep deprivation! JaLayne

Gabrielle said...

Awesome! You broke the odds! We are really excited for you. We hope you can get a little sleep in the next few weeks!

Callie said...

Congratulations!! We are so happy for you. A little boy with two older sisters to watch over him!! How fun. He is adorable. We will have to get together soon so we can meet him!!

Gordita said...

Congratulations on little McKay.