September 27, 2009

Blog Worthy

I have joked with friends that I haven't blogged in the past few months because I have nothing blog-worthy to report. Well now I do.

I went to the dentist last week. It was a miserable experience involving what appeared to be a massive ice pick (eek, eek, eek - let your imagination run). Anyway, while there the dental assistant asked me if I'd like to wear "TV googles" ----- WHAT!? Yep, you read right, "TV googles" - had no idea they existed. What a crazy world.

If that isn't spectaular enough to make this post well-worth your time there's more to this exciting tale.

The dental assistant then asked if I was cold and would like a.... wait for it..... wait for it...... SNUGGIE!!! Are you kidding me -- too hilarious!!! I didn't think anyone seriously purchased those things. This is a professional dentist office and they have Snuggies!!! The dental assistant actually used the word "Snuggie." Too funny!

I know, I know, you want to know if I accepted either offer. Well I'll just let you stew over it. Consider this a Choose-Your-Own Adventure post.

8 comments:

Sara said...

That's hilarious. C'mon, you know you wanted to try! what other opportunities like this come up??

Beth said...

How could you say no to that! You know Snuggies were in a fashion show, I saw it on the internet! Glad you have such a high-tech and up to date dentist!

Tonya said...

You tried the TV goggles for sure and I'm thinking no on the snuggie because you weren't sure if it would be icky from being used by other people..LOL

Danelle Grossnickle said...

funny! Anything is blog worthy, are you kidding? Tell us about your kids:)

Anonymous said...

All I want to know is what Dentist do you go to?
I have worked for dentist that had tv's in their ceiling before, but the glasses that is new to me. and the funniest thing i saw at a dental convention once was a foot bath in the chair. Pedicure and root canel in one visit!

kate n. said...

What a lucky girl!
You got to wear a Snuggie!

jill said...

Hi Angela. I just wanted you to know that I did write something about the positive aspects of living in Utah on my blog. I appreciated your comments and will me more careful not to imply I mean all members of the LDS church. The reality is, however, that in Utah it is not a very open society, sometimes that feels badly for my family. Your blog is great - you have a beautiful family!!! Thanks for reading my blog and for your comments!

Joann's Hall of Fame said...

My dental-school student husband said he sees a Snuggie as "an infection control nightmare." Funny. He enjoyed the story too!