February 21, 2009

A Few Recent Pictures

This picture says it all. I vividly remember feeling the same way when I was a girl. Every Saturday night my mom would put pink sponge rollers in my hair while I watched CHiPs and Hee Haw. Now look at me, torturing my own girls.

For Valentine's Day I surprised Byron with a little getaway. We didn't go very far (30 minutes to downtown Portland) but it was a nice break. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Byron's parents for keeping our girls for a few days. In this picture we're standing right on the water front just outside the hotel.

What a cute boy!! Chillin' in the swing.

8 comments:

Emily said...

What kind of parents let you watch Hee Haw?!! JK. Cute boy!

Tonya said...

I loved Hee Haw when I was a kid. My mom also put those pink sponge rollers in my hair. For some reason Blake just won't cooperate when I try to do that to him..LOL

Amy Hunter said...

What a cute family! I love the bumbo too, isn't it a life saver!

Callie said...

What cute kids you have!! They are getting soooo big!

Leslie said...

I'm thinking you were way lucky to watch Chips and Hee Haw...I always had to watch Lawrence Welk on Saturday nights during the pink sponge curler torture fest (oh yeah...I'm doing the same to my daughter).

And may I just say...your family is so beautiful. What darling children!

Debra said...

I loved the video clip, what a fun thing to have. Your kids are so cute. Are you guys still in FG?

Cali said...

That first picture is perfect! What horrible memories you brought back to me--but how fun to remember them! I think worse than getting the rolls in was trying to go to sleep and stay asleep once they were in!

I love the picture of your sweet little boy asleep in the swing. He looks so peaceful!

Davis Family said...

I love your little family pics! Your kids are so cute! Hope you're having a great week!