January 29, 2009

New York City with the Girls

Earlier this month I went to New York City with my mom, 3 sisters, 2 sisters-in-law, and McKay. Despite the extreme cold (the coldest it's been in 4 years) we had a GREAT time!!! By far the best part of the trip was simply being together with all of the women in the family. We saw breathtaking sights (The Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, site of World Trade Center, Times Square, etc.), ate delicious food (Carmines, Uno Pizzaria, etc.), navigated crazy public transportation (bus, subway, ferry), enjoyed outstanding Broadway shows (The Lion King, Phantom of the Opera), bargained for cheap purses and watches (Chinatown), made our debut on national television (Good Morning America), made fools of ourselves (Cathy & Laurel dancing at the bus stop, mom's hat, Christy & Cathy getting stuck in the subway turnstyle), window shopped (5th Avenue), visited the temple, walked NYC streets, etc. etc. etc. We had so much fun!!!!

On board the Staten Island ferry. Times Square. McKay was a trooper. He was a perfect little travel partner. He was content to be hauled around all day in the front pack. He was even satisfied with his drawer-bed.
Taking a break from the masses of clothing he wore all day long in the frigid city. (No, McKay's ears do not stick out like that without the hat on.)

13 comments:

Claudia said...

You guys had the ultimate sisters' retreat--no one can compete with that one! It looks so fun! Thanks for sharing! Next time I am going to stowaway!

Chris and Heather said...

Ryan was on my lap while I sat here in envy of all the fun you had, except for the cold part, (it was summer when we visited NYC- neenerneener)and once we found the pic of the temple, he broke out his rendition of "I Love to See the Temple". At least some of what we are teaching him is being absorbed. Looks like you had a fantastic time and I must say you all look Fah-bulous!

Danelle Grossnickle said...

That looks like you had so much fun! I would love it if Robert sent me off to New York...alone even...but with his sisters or my one sister would be very cool! Great pictures!!!!

Janna G said...

I am so jealous I miss New York. I am glad you had fun. i love McKay's drawer bed.

Austin and Heather Kramer said...

Looks like so much fun! We should do our next reunion there!

Tonya said...

Looks like a fabulous trip. McKay is a born star. I'm glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures...but where is your one with Diane Sawyer?

Gordita said...

Your trip looks amazing. After seeing your pictures I am dying to go to New York. Thanks a lot.

kate n. said...

Hey at least you had some blue sky! I love how the temple is just sandwiched into the city "a little piece of heaven."
I've never been to NYC, but I've seen Lion King - LOVED it!

Janessa Couch said...

Looks like you had a great vacation. Your son is adorable.

Keren said...

I love McKay's bed. Isn't wonderful how portable babies are at this age?

Amy Hunter said...

I'm totally jealous! Not only of your trip, but how wonderful it is to have all the girls in the family be able to escape and enjoy being together so much! That says a lot about the kind of woman your mother must be.

Mckay is adorable!

BTW, I'm very flattered that my blog helped out in your class.

Kirsten said...

My mom remembers seeing the Statue of Liberty for the first time when she was about 6 years old and entering the country from Norway.