May 25, 2009

Male Bonding

I recently went to the coast with a few girlfriends for the weekend. This is an annual trip we take to the outlets in Lincoln City to get some clothes shopping done for our families. As usual, I spent much more than I had planned. I was feeling somewhat guilty about this until Byron broke the news to me of his weekend purchase...an automatic 22 gauge rifle and a scope. Why he needs ANOTHER gun, I do not know. I guess this makes us even because he cannot comprehend why I need more than one purse or pair of high heels. In the picture below Byron is cleaning his new gun while his only son watches and learns. If you're wondering what has captured Byron's attention so completely let me answer...he's watching golf.

4 comments:

Danelle Grossnickle said...

Love it!

gmckibbe said...

So funny! Garrett just went out and bought another gun as well...I don't get it! :)

Anonymous said...

I am really sad i missed that trip!

Janna G said...

I am so glad that Peter didn't get the "I need a gun" gene. Because i really don't get that one. I do like the picture though, very cute.